Tips on reducing the risk of injury or infection to the arm
- Treat infections of the at-risk arm and hand right away.
- Wear gloves when doing house or garden work.
- Keep skin clean and well-moisturized.
- Use the arm not at risk when having blood drawn, getting injections or having blood pressure taken.
- Avoid sunburn and excess heat from saunas, hot baths, tanning and other sources.
- Do not cut nail cuticles.
- Use insect repellant when outdoors.
- Avoid injuries, including scratches and bruises, to the at-risk arm.
- Rest the at-risk arm in an elevated position (above the heart or shoulder).
If you have an infection, injury or any of the symptoms listed above, see your health care provider.
– See more at: http://ww5.komen.org/BreastCancer/Lymphedema.html#sthash.nxdju8tA.dpuf
Graduated Medical Compression Garments